Saturday, May 24, 2008

Time for Summer!

Before:After:
Our glider had taken it's toll to the weather of Oregon.  It was really silly, the design and put together of the glider involved putting the material on while assembly so that one could never take it down to protect it from the elements.   So... today I ripped the nasty stuff off and recovered it with this suede feeling material I got from Jo-Ann Fabric.  (Thanks Al for the gift certificate this Christmas!)  I should have enough to make some nice  seat covers for the chairs we have and I'm hoping to find a free wooden side table from Craigslist that I can mosaic with some tile I dumpster dived for a few years ago for our other corner of the yard.  It's amazing what you can scrounge from tile stores.  They will throw a whole box of tile away when only the top tile is broken, and they are very willing to let you go through their bins.  (Ah, the life of an art teacher)  I plan to make some nice  plump pillows to go on here too.  Hopefully we will be done with our huge stained glass piece and can contribute that to the yard as well.  It's really beginning to become a nice little get-away.  Perfect place for sipping pink lemonade and reading a good book!  I'll have to take some pictures of the rest of the yard as the fence background doesn't seem all that appealing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks really nice. I hope you get to spend many relaxing hours out there this summer. After this last year of school you've really earned the peace and quite and rest time!
m&d