Tuesday, July 15, 2008








Up near my aunt and uncles property on a mountain called Sleeping Giant (because it looks like a sleeping giant--genious!) some people had set up some target practice stuff. We drove up and decided to try out our arsenal. (Well, it was just three guns). This was the first time I had ever gone shooting with my family. We had lots of fun. We also discovered some valuable things:
1. My dad is a maniac when rapid firing on any potential attackers (first to the left arm, then to the chest, then to the head...)
2. My mom is a regular Annie Oakley.
3. My husband can shoot a 7-Up can from about 120 feet away.
4. I'm no longer scared of guns and was pretty good myself (if I do say so.)
5. Three dead elk carcasses left behind in a ravine that have been rotting for the past month attract a LOT of flies,
6. It's hard too shoot when flies are landing on you and getting captured between your glasses and your eye ball. Let me tell you that's an adventure with a gun in your hand!

We shot our .22, my dads semi-automatic .38, and a few few silly shots with the air rifle again. Nothing like getting the true Montana experience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really got a nice shot of the giant and the Helena valley.
m&d