Saturday, April 5, 2008


My parents bought us tickets to go see Corteo, which is a Cirque du Soleil performance.  It's been a dream of mine to go see one of their performances and they were finally in Portland.  This Sunday will be there last show before they pack up and head.... I think back to Europe.  (Not sure about that though)  We couldn't take camera's into the tent, but it was truly one of those things that you walk away from absolutely mesmerized from.  I can't imagine what we will be able to do before our Lord if this is what we can do with our imperfect bodies.  Sure made me feel out of shape in every sense watching these AMAZING performers.  If any of you EVER get a chance to go see Cirque du Soleil, DO! Very beautiful.  The music is all live and there are no falsehoods about the talent of the individuals who are performing, nobody really needs a safety net, because you just DON'T mess up!  I kept wondering how one would get a job at such a place.  Imagining the interview process.  -"So, what can you do?".... response:  "Well, I can juggle 9 hoola-hoops, using my feet, on a platform ten feet in the air, contorted in this strange position, while others throw objects through my hoops", or "Gee, I can juggle three woman in the air while suspended 40 feet above the ground, only holding on to a thin rope."  --Yer hired.  I've included some professionally done video links from the actual show we went to (same performers, music, stunts)  check them out!

Click here to watch a teaser for Corteo. Click on this one too and you'll get a collage of all sorts of things that were specifically at our show.  To watch the specific acts I have them posted below.

This act was different in our show, they used silver hoola hoops and pins.  Ours was more impressive!  It was Leo's favorite.  


These guys got up to twenty feet in the air.  These are the actual people from our show.

This act was our least favorite.  The girls in our show were looking a lot more revealing than these girls.  Beautifully done, but not our favorite.  It was the first BIG opening act.  We had three girls on the chandeliers so maybe one got hurt.

This little midget gal was so cute, she flew over on our side too.

This one was done with the two midgets that had just as much strength as any of the other performers.

The guys throwing these girls were just tossing them around like juggling pins.  Trapeze Act

This scene is from his childhood orphanage.  Fun scene.

Any of these guys could go out for the Olympics and totally win!  Parallel Bars and More!

This one is my SECOND favorite act.  I couldn't find my absolute favorite one on line.

This is the same guy in our show, but they didn't bring out the twenty foot ladder.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I wish we could have been there with you. I am so glad you were able to go!
M&D

Alex Hackett said...

looks like a great time. those are AMAZING acts. i will have to see this someday.