Friday, March 26, 2010




Two weekends ago we travelled up to Portland/Beaverton area to meet up with one of my oldest and dearest friends. His name is Michael... or Dr. Rizk. (Which makes me giggle every time I say it.) We also visited with his brother Hani who lives and works in Beaverton. They are both quiet personalities and have the cutest laughs in the whole world. I've known Michael (and Hani-kinda) since middle school and we've kept in contact. I love getting calls from Michael, always randomly, and he always seems to remember anniversaries... and I think birthdays, but he says he never remembers them. Something I've discovered over time, a good friend is one that you can talk to after no contact for months or even years, and it's though you've never been apart. Is that what heaven will be like? I sure hope so. Anyways, Michael is getting married this May to a sweet gal named Hannah, and I'm so excited for him. His comment on the wedding when asked how things are going together for it- "By the end of the day we'll be married, so I consider it a success." He's got the right attitude about everything. We had a great time searching for Indian restaurants (to no avail), gabbing, and a little bit of teasing on my part. (This is the opportune time for me to insert a little blurb about the french fry I found in Hani's car inside of his storage area in the middle console... embarrassingly Leo found a banana peel in our middle console last week, so I have no room to talk. Oh what is life without laughter?) It was a great time to see both of Hani and Michael.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you think it is hard to think of your friends as Dr's and teachers and missionaries think how hard it is for us parents to see all of you so grown up. It is amazing that you had so many friends that you still keep in touch with considering all the moving we made you live through. A lifetime friend is a real gift and I am glad you have the few you do. I am thankful also that you have a husband who is willing to get to know them as a friend too. A double blessing for you Jenny.
M