Friday, June 13, 2008

In Memory of Bill Riddle





Saturday June 7th Bill Riddle (Grandpa) went to be with Jesus.  Just the week earlier he had said he couldn't wait to be with him.  We went to the funeral up in Vancouver on Tuesday.  It was small and pleasant with pictures and things that reminded them of Bills personality.  I always think it is quirky- the different things people put out as funny remembrances.  For Bill it was milk, crackers, pickles, and peanuts.  Emir Riddle(grandma) and Bill had decided and asked their pastor from Chehales to come and do the service and so we were able to meet two very nice members of our Christian family through that.  I felt bad because I kept asking grandma how she was doing and she kept saying "I wish I could cry".  (She'd been on some medication that, I think, was literally keeping her tear ducts from working.)  I think it was a whirl-wind of emotions for Emir.  Specially since the following day we all moved her from her home to another closer to her daughter, Karen, next to Portland.  Keep Emir in your prayers please.  Wednesday was the last half day with students for me and I worked into the night so I could take off our final inservice day on Thursday.  Thursday we journeyed up to pack the U-Haul with big Leonard (Leo's dad), his Aunt Linda, and Aunt Karen.  Things went pretty smooth and I think the new home is much nicer than the old, although I think Grandma Emir may need to get rid of her OLD TV which could serve as a coffee table in itself.  I hope she makes friends here as I don't think she had many at the old place.  Karen told me this is the first time Emir will have ever lived by herself.  It will be difficult as Bill has been her quiet companion these 32 (?) years.  As for Bill... He's hanging out with Jesus  and isn't in pain anymore.  One can't be too sorrowful about that, yet he will be missed for the short time we are here on earth.  

No comments: